With thousands of tons of plastic, paper and Styrofoam clogging landfills more and more each year, it is important that we take control and make a commitment to treat the Earth and the environment better with some changes in our daily habits that will help to minimize the toxins that are pouring into these monstrous landfills.
Much of the debris that litters the landscape and fills our trash bags are industrial protective packaging used on products for shipment. Plastic and Styrofoam and other types of materials are used almost exclusively to package electronics, furniture, appliances, household products and countless goods that we purchase every day. These disposables are literally clogging up the arteries of the Earth adding a tremendous burden and a mountain of toxic waste that will not disintegrate.
Biodegradable protective packaging to the rescue
One very positive alternative is a biodegradable industrial protective packaging made from the bamboo plant. Bamboo has been used very effectively in the food service industry for disposable containers, trays and utensils and there is no reason that it should not work just as well for industrial packaging uses as well.
The benefits of bamboo for industrial protective packaging
- Bamboo has a versatility that offers many positive benefits besides the fact that it is biodegradable and will revert to compost within 90 days under normal conditions. Here are some of the dynamic benefits of using bamboo for industrial protective packaging:
- Bamboo is much stronger than other materials with a better compression and tensile strengths of steel and a greater resistance to expansion and contraction unlike plastics and other similar materials used for packaging; therefore, it will not break or tear easily or collapse during shipment thus offering maximum protection.
- Bamboo is resistant to pests so it will not become infested.
- Bamboo protective packaging will tolerate heat as it can be used in microwave in foodservice products and is freezer safe as well so that it has a wide tolerance of temperatures without degrading or collapsing.
Why bamboo industrial protective packaging is good for the environment
- Bamboo industrial protective packaging offers many eco-friendly benefits for use as well that include:
- Bamboo is sustainable as a resource because it can achieve its full growth potential within one growing season.
- Bamboo is easy to grow and does not require a lot of water or heavy equipment to harvest, plus it can be harvested within 1 to 3 years of planting while hardwood trees can take anywhere from 10 to 25 years to mature.
- Bamboo continues to live even after it is harvested.
- Bamboo is already used in making flooring, furniture, foodservice containers and products plus paper, thus lessening the need for traditional hardwood forests.
- It aids in the reducing global warming because bamboo is able to produce oxygen and sequester carbon dioxide unlike forests of hardwood trees.
- Unlike hardwood trees, bamboo is resistant to pests making it much more durable from pestilence than traditional hardwood trees.
- Bamboo industrial protective packaging products are manufactured without the use of any chemicals.
Eco-Friendly Industrial Protective Packaging is Reliable
With a wide range of benefits it makes sense to make the leap to a more earth friendly industrial protective packaging material for your company. Everyone has to contribute to the environment and going green with eco-friendly products makes good earth sense and will not only provide maximum protection for your products but protect your future image in the world. After all, we all need to consider how we can contribute to making the Earth a friendlier place and especially a ‘green’ one.
Today’s world is becoming more conscious of its obligation to make improvements in the area of sustainable resources so you will see more about that but the real gains are when the companies actually put actions to their words. ECOPROCO is company that stands behind their products and are proud to say that they produce only 100% premium bamboo fiber packaging for food service and a new line that introduces industrial protective packaging.
With operations worldwide, ECOPROCO is spreading the word about biodegradable products that really work and that are more effective in resolving some of the environmental problems that the world faces today. If your company is looking to help in being more eco-friendly and going ‘green’ for the world we live in, give some of our products a try.
We love the earth. And we work hard for it.